(on this site)
1. What is a Good Conduct Certificate from Spain? Quite simply, it is a document which has been issued by the Spanish Ministry of Justice which shows that a search has been carried out for the existence of any criminal record within the Spanish system.
2. What language is it issued in? The certificates are only ever issued in Spanish.
3. Will I need to get the certificate translated into English? Not necessarily but this is something that you will need to check with the requesting party. Translations, if required, can be done quickly and easily for around £30 by third party companies.
4. I owe money and have debt in Spain. Will this show up on the certificate? No, the good conduct certificate only relates to convictions for a criminal offence in Spain.
5. How can the certificate be checked for authenticity? The certificates have an electronic signature which can be checked by anyone, online. This check gives access to the original check conducted by the Spanish Misistry of Justice.
6. Do I need the original document or will a scanned copy be ok to use? Because the authenticity of the check can be verified, you can use copied or scanned copies of your certificate as long as the digital signature from the back of the certificate is included. You will always receive the original document.
7. How long will it take to get my certificate? Certificates can come back from Spain in as little as seven days, yet others have taken three weeks. Even applications sent on the same day will not necessarily be returned together.
8. Do you offer a discount if we require certificates for more than one person? For certificates ordered at the same time, possibly. Please ask us before ordering.
9. Could I apply for the certificate myself? Yes you can, however you will need to ensure that all the paperwork is correct, and that payment has been made to the correct account without charges being incurred by the Ministry. You will also need to request that the certificate should have legal standing in the UK. Ordering with us means that you can be confident your application will be submitted correctly, and be valid for the purpose required.
10. I still have questions about the application process, can you help or advise me please? Of course! If you have any questions about your proposed application or about the service we provide, please get in touch with us by phone or email. Details are on the "contact" page. If you would like to see what others have had to say about the service we provide, please look at our customer feedback.